Sunday, November 8, 2009

Profile: C. Jones

As one of the more statistically prolific members of the wiffle league, regular C. Jones will always have a special place on the mound and in the batter's box at Lambert Memorial. Besides athletic prowess, Chris had an amazing ability to remember the nuance rules that would help pad his stats.

Chris responded to Pop's request with the following statement:

“I would like to share a little about myself. I can be found in the upper left corner of the league photo. I am in my fourth/fifth year of wiffling and am currently in possession of a giant, gold wiffle ball as the reigning league MVP. Many would attribute the gaudy numbers I put up in the '07-'07 season to my infamous DRA (David Robinson arms); I, however, attribute them to my focus on . . . well, me. As much as I have enjoyed the camaraderie I have shared with all my fellow wifflers over the years, it really has always been about me. I come to Lambert Memorial each week with one objective--put up big numbers. Filling the stat sheet is what it is all about. It's not about tradition, the quirky Lambert Memorial landmarks, the post-wiffle dogs, or even reciting insanely clever wiffle poems at wiffle banquets; it's all about getting ribbies and hitting dongs! So if you wanna know about me, know this--I love dongs!”

Career Stats: (Click to Enlarge)




1 comment:

CJones said...

I guess the more time you spent in the league the shorter the profile you get??!